[volunteers] The 2230 formerly (and presently) known as brie

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 18 14:27:00 PST 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> Rick, you're reading something into this that's just not there.

Glad to hear it.

I would strongly suggest you be a bit more careful about how you speak
in the presidential role, as that (not "being short with people") is
part of what got you in serious trouble recently.  (And, yes, the fact
that you seem to resist recognising that fact is a problem in itself.)

It'd be nice if you would cease waving your title madly around to "clean
up", or straighten people out, or send them private mail pleading with
them to "don't make me moderate you again".  That doesn't impress
anyone, doesn't accomplish anything, and leads to people respecting you
markedly less, not more.

If you want respect for leadership, show some -- and that doesn't mean
persisting in trying to push people around.  You tried:  It was a
big mistake.  Try doing something else.

> What I'm saying is, please don't worry about discouraging time-wasting
> on-list,

What I worry about is _my_ concern.

If you don't have any hobbies, I can suggest a few, that would no doubt
help getting you out of the active volunteers' hair, which clearly would
be very much A Good Thing.

> As President....

...you should cool it.  This is long overdue.