[volunteers] The 2230 formerly (and presently) known as brie

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Dec 18 11:38:43 PST 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:05:43 -0800, Warren Turkal wrote:

> Sarcasm doesn't help.

I respectfully challenge the above assertion.

> Now my question is this...how do we decide which piece each member
> owns? If I own a piece, I have the option to take my piece and go
> home. That seems to leave the association in a somewhat crappy
> situation.

I believe the current President of SVLUG can answer that question for you.
Whether he answers it to your satisfaction is another matter...

> For what it's worth, allowing the organization to own things is much
> clearer, especially when our membership is so nebulously defined.

I regret that the governance meeting didn't get the opportunity to broach
the subject of defining membership, because I intended to bring up the
fact that EBMUG independently arrived at a rather identical definition to
the current SVLUG definition, with the only perceptible difference being
that EBMUG's membership roster is much more well-documented. As José
Medeiros can attest, that organization can also count me as a member,
however loosely.