[volunteers] The 2230 formerly (and presently) known as brie

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Tue Dec 18 09:18:07 PST 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007 22:19:06 Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2007 5:08 PM, Paul Reiber <reiber at gmail.com> wrote:
> > - other than "we've never needed to do that before", do you see any
> > compelling reasons
> > why SVLUG _shouldn't_ do this?
>
> Who would own them?
>
> wt

..."them" being servers/computers and perhaps other assets like switches...
In my opinion...
* they would be owned by SVLUG
* they would be managed for the benefit of SVLUG
* there would be a list of those assets maintained and published by a
  volunteer
* the deployment and disposition of those assets would be periodically
  reviewed and decided at a volunteers business meeting
* at volunteer meetings proposals for new projects using assets could be
  discussed and decided much as we are doing now with regard to the VA Linux
  server(s).

There could be other projects and technology demonstrations where the assets
are not owned by SVLUG but there is an affiliation between SVLUG and that
project. Our Web site's Links page shows, for example, the Linux Gazette site
with which we have some affiliation.

--
Mark Weisler
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our