[volunteers] Apologies, and a hope for happy holidays

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 18 00:42:28 PST 2007

Appreciated, and the best of Christmas to you and others, too.
Thank you for the kind gesture.  I did want to comment on one thing:

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> Heather and you are only a few steps away from working with each other
> productively....

Um, on August 10 you asked me if I'd have a problem continuing to
collaborate with Heather, in light of the rather appalling and verbose
attack against my character she'd just posted (out of the blue) to
svlug at lists.svlug.org.  I replied:

   Paul, I've been Heather's friend for multiple decades, and she can
   probably figure that out.

The following sentence may be starting to sound familiar:  I meant
exactly what I said.

Heather's perplexing attack posting of some months back was not OK; it
grossly lacked foundation in truth and thus, in my view, lacked
integrity, and I'm not likely to forget that.  However, that (of course)
hasn't prevented civility or collaboration, and you would have realised
that if you'd either paid attention _or_ understood that I meant exactly
what I said.

Again, thank you for the kindly intended post.