[volunteers] open-vm-tools presentation at SVLUG?

Aniruddha Mulay ani_mulay at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 22:42:36 PST 2007

Hello,

Last week, Ragavan Srinivasan wrote:

> Aniruddha Mulay wrote:
> > Technical presentations are always welcome.
> >
> > Could you tell us a little more about what do you plan to present ?
> >
> Our goal is to present the project to a technical audience and interest
> them in becoming users/contributors of the project.
>
> As such, the presentation will be aimed at helping the audience do the
> following:
>  - Understand the scope and purpose of the open-vm-tools project as a whole.
>  - Understand the functionality of the various components of the
> project, specifically the kernel modules and the various user level
> components. This will likely include a demo as well.
>  - Understand how to contribute to the project, including specific
> ideas/mini-projects.
>
> > Is this going to be a full 2 hour presentation ? Would you be willing
> > to do a mini presentation (say 1 hour) ?
> >
> A 1 hour slot will be just fine. One of our engineers has a hard stop at
> 8:30 PM, so it would be great if we could a 7-8 PM presentation.
>
> Let me know if you have other questions.

Err! I just forgot to reply back to you.

We don't have a confirmed speaker for the Jan 2008 meeting.

Q. Would you like to schedule for that slot ?

If so, please let me know and I will send back a confirmation e-mail.

Also, what we need from your side is

a. presentation title
b. brief (1 para is enough) summary of the presentation
c. speaker bio

This will be used for the meeting announcement on mailing list
and the SVLUG website etc.

Regards,

(Ani)ruddha Mulay
volunteer, SVLUG