[volunteers] The 2230 formerly (and presently) known as brie

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:47:21 PST 2007

> Clement (my son) and I are ready to proceed with Daniel's program if
> we hear no objection.

I may have misunderstood, but I seem to remember you were in agreement
with my plan to intoduce virtualization on Brie.  I really don't care
anymore; if
it makes sense and Brie delivers better as a platform by being able to serve
up VMs, go for it.  If it doesn't make sense, don't do it.

Tell you what... YOU decide what makes sense here, Ed, not me.  That way
it'll be YOUR fault, no matter what you decide... you need a taste of being an
"officer" in SVLUG anyways, so that'll be a good start.

> Where should we look for things to save, besides /home and /var?

I doubt there's a darn thing worth saving in there... unless Heather
put something
on there that she doesn't have a better/newer/other copy of.

> More to come.

If you wanna pull the JBOD out, to see if re-connecting it helps
things, lemme know
and we'll meet over at Via.net sometime before Thursday, so you can
truck it away.
B.t.w. - bring someone strong - my back's not up to carrying it or unracking it.

Best,
-pbr