[volunteers] svlugdomain@ and Joker stuff (was: More on the SVLUG Domain)

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Mon Dec 17 06:38:02 PST 2007

On Sunday 16 December 2007 23:00:17 Paul Reiber wrote:
> > Heather, I do appreciate all the help you have given SVLUG in so many
> > realms including this domain issue. While it would be nice to see SVLUG
> > become exemplary, I think taking care of basics like the domain
> > information is an important prior step. Seems this would take less than
> > an hour or so but please let us know if that is not the case. Thanks
> > again.
>
> "us"?  Can you be more specific, who is "us" in the above?
The "us" refers to the discussants, the people to whom Heather sent mail
initiating this discussion. (Please see below.)

> Mark, please don't place demands or limits  on other volunteers
> efforts, or even define or worry about other volunteer priorities,
> unless you're interested in maybe having me appoint you as VP so you
> could have responsibilities and authorities regarding all of that
> stuff.
Yes, I'm essentially asking for an estimate of the time it would take to put
the domain issue in order. As you point out, I'm not in a position to "place
demands or limits  on other volunteers" nor am I doing so.

By the way, the above discussion was initiated by Heather in attempt to
resolve some of the  domain issues. She explicitly wanted this discussion
kept out of the 'volunteers' list. She said..."... it has been loudly
expressed that the volunteers@ mail is
public space.  Ergo, this is not public mail.  I'm sorry to have to be
so blunt about it." She went on to discuss some domain issues.

Why have you violdated her request and taken this matter public on the
volunteers list? It's a matter that can be resolved by a smaller number of
people just as Heather has attempted.

> efforts
>
> Your actions _after_ resigning your officer position are more VP-ish
> than anything you did _before_ that - what's up with that?
Thank you for the invitation to public discussion but I'll deferr that for
now.

> -pbr
Rather than move the whole discussion of the domain management here
(volunteers), I'll just say that I think it can be put in order with less
than an hour of work.

--
Mark Weisler
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our