[volunteers] Emergency Constitutional Bylaws, rev1. - Kilgore

Bill Teeple bill at teeple.tv
Sat Dec 15 10:55:41 PST 2007

I am confused - was this what came of the meeting on Thursday evening?

or is this some sort of political-group joke.

I love the Mandate of Heaven Rule - that got a good chuckle out of me
- not only is the MANDATE OF HEAVEN a rule created to 'justify' the
overthrow of a legitimate government or organization (Zhou Dynasty
first used it in their justification of overthrowing the Shang
Dynasty), it also states that there is no time limitations on the
mandate - meaning... a totalitarian existence - can you imagine if we
ran the U.S. with a 'Mandate of Heaven' rule in place. It would cast
us into anarchy.  As Wikipedia describes it, the Mandate is very
similar to the European Divine Right - so now we are mixing the Church
with State - sweet.

Most non-profit orgs have treasurers and a bank account to further
legitimize the expenditures and the influx and release of money for
projects and such.  How else do we ensure that we are operating with
integrity and honesty - we cover our butts by writing it all down.

And as to the Politics discussions of an organization - it should be
separated out from the rest - sorry.  I don't want my SVLUG mailing
list which should be discussing SVLUG questions about LINUX only
cluttered up with rhetoric like this.  Make it accessible to all -
post period e-mails to the SLVUG community giving them the access to
the other lists and to join the discussions, just off the main thread.

Bill