[volunteers] [svlug] SVLUG server - any ideas? (fwd)

Lisa svlug at flygirl.com
Thu Dec 13 16:26:01 PST 2007


On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 03:30:40PM -0800, Paul Reiber wrote:

>> You know, the sad thing is, it's possibly you do believe
>> this, despite everyone from Lisa to Darlene to me telling you
>> otherwise in detail.
> 
> Lisa failed to communicate with me, or anyone else, what she
> was up to for quite some time - I'm not dinging her for that,
> but I can't be expected to be aware of what she was up to
> without that feedback.

I'm really getting tired of being "blamed" for this.  Can you
please just shut up about it?  I have been specifically trying
to stay out of this as much as possible, but I will not fail to
defend MYSELF against accusations of not doing a decent job at
something I took on or was assigned --- I pride myself in my
work and follow-through (including, specifically,
*communication*) and almost invariably get COMMENDED on it.

If you don't want me "going off" about this, don't start
pointing fingers at me.... even in defense of yourself to
others.  Defending yourself by shooting at someone else, is a
very bad method of defense.

EVERYONE that I have spoken to at that meeting, save you, (and I
have notes on it as well) remembers that Rick mentioned that
they had been unwilling to give us a larger server because (a)
they were not our primary website and (b) therefore were not
being given credit as doing so.

Therefore it was proposed that we tell them that they WOULD soon
be our primary webserver and see if they'd give us the memory
and disk space necessary to make it so.  I volunteered to call
them, since I am personally a customer of theirs.

I did *exactly* as we discussed, and agreed to, at the
meeting... no more, no less.  I did not "fail to communicate"
with ANYONE.

Admittedly, my *notes* on the meeting don't make this CRYSTAL
clear, but I didn't think I'd need to use my notes (which are
intended to be an ABBREVIATEION of a meeting) to defend myself
against failing to communicate.  Here are my notes from an email
to volunteers from May 1:

> Action Items:
>
> - Rick to create accounts for Tim, Denise, and Chris and add
>  them to the webslave group
>
> - Rick to get contact information to Lisa for primary contact at
>   linnode
>
> - Lisa to contact linnode to negotiate a more capable virtual
>  server
>
> - Lisa to configure the virtual server to be able to serve as
>   the primary webserver

Like I said, the detail may not be in these notes, but it's
pretty clear that they're very consistant with MY memories,
Rick's and Mark's.

This WAS agreed to and WAS communicated.

Sheesh!!!




More information about the volunteers mailing list