[volunteers] [svlug] membership poll- interim VP appointment?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 18:03:31 PST 2007

hi

On Dec 4, 2007 8:19 AM, Mark Weisler <mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us> wrote:

> I think that part of the problem is that you think you are "running" a LUG
> when, in SVLUG's case at least, it is more important that the president
> act
> as a facilitator and consensus builder.

Paul, I like you and I think that you obviously really care about both FOSS
in general and SVLUG in particular, but Mark is making a really good point
here.  You have come under whithering criticism here in the past few weeks,
and I am sorry to have seen some of it, because some of it was really
unpleasant and I wish it had never happened.

However, as someone who likes you, I hope that you will find it a bit of
constructive criticism for me to say that it does sometimes seem as if you
are taking a more military or corporate approach to running this particular
LUG.  You occasionally use terms like "rank" and "authority".

The kernel walkthroughs are good, as are the Google installfests, to just
name a few things.  So this LUG is doing good things, and you have been very
involved in all of those things, and I think that is a sign of good
leadership on your part, Paul.

I would also like to see more people giving Paul credit, because he has been
under enormous pressure.  Maybe people have sufficiently vented now, and we
can all relax a little bit.