[volunteers] [svlug] svlug license on Google video of session

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 02:34:13 PST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 9:20 PM, Daniel Gimpelevich
<daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 20:13:31 -0800, Paul Reiber wrote:
>
> > You'd have to ask Google.  SVLUG's not in a position to change the license, but
> > if we ask really really nicely, they just might do that for us anyway.
>
> http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2007-December/029779.html
>                                                 --Google

,,,not really - yes this is from a Google employee, who's been helping
in the role of liaison,  but Warren isn't in Leslie's group (that's
our sponsor) - he's helping us anyway, from personal motivation rather
than a Google directive.

If he succeeds in changing Google's mind - great! but just 'cause
Warren says he'll try something doesn't mean _Google's_ trying that
same something... just him.

> http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2007-December/029794.html
>                                                 --SVLUG

...not really - one SVLUG member, who's been helping in the role of...
??? ... but AFAIK Christian's not signed on as an SVLUG volunteer...
so he's surely not speaking for us...

BUT - yes -  all in all - it looks like, so long as Warren's able to
tweak Google's copyrighting of the vids - even the most legally anal
in SVLUG should be satisfied.

-pbr