[volunteers] [svlug] VOTE AGAINST INTERIM VP APPOINTMENT

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:00:19 PST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 3:33 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):
> > Well, then we really need to meet soon to discuss your ongoing role within SVLUG.
> I'm busy, Paul.  Go gnaw on someone else's ankles.

Rick, Sorry to learn you're too busy to help SVLUG out in the manner
we need most - that being,
working hand-in-hand with the officers and other volunteers to make
progress on projects.

If you don't have time for SVLUG we'll avail ourselves of other
volunteer resources going foward.
It's easy enough to find someone else to help out with the
mailman/server admin role - no worries
on that count.

You seem to be waffling - either you're a volunteer, on board and
helping as needed, or you're not.
If you are, we need to talk.  If not, we don't.  Here's something to
help you make up your mind:

MEETING-W-PAUL => ongoing volunteer role => authority to connect to
and manage servers, for example
NOT-MEETING-W-PAUL => no volunteer role => neither authority nor
responsibility for anything SVLUG

Not staying in the loop w/ key volunteers caused some problems
(witness the Linode situation) - so my intent
is, going forward, to at least review what various volunteers are up
to, so we're all on the same page about
things.

I think that's clear enough... any questions?
-Paul.