[volunteers] [svlug] VOTE AGAINST INTERIM VP APPOINTMENT

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:12:16 PST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 2:43 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
[...]
> Our partner NYLUG, among others, would be glad to create such a
> mechanism for us on its Mailman instance, keeping corporate entanglement
> out of our affairs and averting the usual privacy loss and advertising
> load one gets through use of Google, Inc.'s hosted services.

Rick, are you saying you recently contacted NYLUG on SVLUG's behalf?

Also - it appears, though you resigned from mailman admin tasks on Oct
23, you've been back
in that role more recently - reviewing and changing things I've done
for example.

I really need you to decide - are you an SVLUG volunteer or not?

YES = authority to do things on SVLUG's behalf, with my guidance and
permission, of course
NO = taking actions as if you had authority to act on SVLUG's behalf =
a big no-no.

Choose.  If you're volunteering, we have to talk really soon about
your ongoing role.
-Paul