[volunteers] [svlug] VOTE AGAINST INTERIM VP APPOINTMENT

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Dec 3 14:43:32 PST 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> Indeed it does!  Yes, SVLUG's _had_ a Google Group already for some
> time!  It was created to be a fall-back, in case the mailinglist was,
> for whatever reason, not working.

Our partner NYLUG, among others, would be glad to create such a
mechanism for us on its Mailman instance, keeping corporate entanglement
out of our affairs and averting the usual privacy loss and advertising
load one gets through use of Google, Inc.'s hosted services.

I expect that the next administration will implement that as an upgrade,
perhaps as a reciprocal arrangement.

--
Cheers,                                     Ceci n'est pas une pipe:   |
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com