[volunteers] Mailman Web pages (but not Mailman SMTP) has been screwed up

Lisa svlug at flygirl.com
Mon Nov 26 12:52:36 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 10:17:46AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> I'm ignoring almost all of your post.  Very selectively:
>
> Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):
>
> [snipping a great deal]
>

> [SCSI hard drives:]
>
> > You can have them all back (and the JBOD itself too)....
>
> OK, I'd be glad to have the drives I donated back and any others (but
> not the chassis).  Please let me know when and where.
>
> (But no, I never give gifts with "strings attached":  The drives were,
> of course, an unconditional gift to SVLUG, and I expect to see your
> public apology for claiming otherwise.)

Knowing Rick, I would have assumed "no strings attached."
Especially not AFTER the fact.

> > ...no, Rick - you personally told me the Linode host didn't have
> > sufficient memory to handle our needs.  Did you forget that detail?
>
> _You're_ forgetting (among other things) Lisa getting them to fix
> that, last January:  Since then, it has had exactly as much RAM as does
> my own full-function Internet server.

Yes, that was what we decided to do, by unanimous consensus as
far as I knew.  And I went so far to, as agreed, assure them
that said machine would SOON become our primary web server which
is why they gave us the upgrade.  Frankly, I am more than a
little bothered that WE went back on MY word.

> > Rick, if you truly have much higher priorities....
>
> Calling it that helps keep this conversation civil, which is A
> Good Thing.  Specific reasons I dissociated myself from your
> administration were mentioned earlier.  (Above and beyond
> that, muzzling Darlene and _then_ attacking her in public
> shows moral failure.)

I wasn't going to comment on this, but I personally find it a
little backwards that the politics seems to be completely aired
in public, yet the modified plans for email and web serving seem
to be non-public.  I thought this was supposed to be more of a
technical organization than a political one.

I *really* wanted to stay out of all this, but I felt that I had
to make SOME comment --- at least here on the volunteers' list
--- as to why I might seem more distant these days.

Frankly, I was VERY willing to be involved in the days of that
"Black Angus" meeting... I did my action items and was prepared
to proceed with the plan, AND SCHEDULE, that we set forth in
that meeting but, unbeknownst to me it seems that plans have
changed, so I have simply withdrawn --- which is where I will
stay until/unless I am given a planned direction and see some
way in which I can help and if I am INTERESTED in helping when I
have a sense of the direction.

Lisa