[volunteers] volunteer roster change

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 15:24:31 PST 2007

All -  Please note that I've had to weather the unpleasantness of
dismissing Darlene Wallach from service as an SVLUG volunteer.

Her behavior at recent SVLUG events, and on-list, has been atrocious.

While I could have simply banned her from the various lists, instead I've
simply moderated her ability to post.

I'm not quite sure what's going wrong in her life, and I wish her well, but I
simply can't stomach the political/revolutionary/disruptive behavior.

I welcome Darlene to continue to attend SVLUG events - as a "member"
only, though.  If you see her at any SVLUG events, please feel free to help
ensure that she's not inciting other members with her political opinions or
otherwise disturbing the group harmony.

Please politely decline any offers of help which Darlene might proffer.

Also, please tell me immediately if she attempts to represent SVLUG herself,
attempts to control the behavior of any others, or otherwise places herself
into a position of power or responsibility at any SVLUG sponsored events.

Thanks so much for your help with this unpleasant task,
-Paul Reiber
President, SVLUG

P.S. the next time I hear "PLO" at an SVLUG event, it had better stand for
the Portland Linux Organization !!!