[volunteers] some requests for next week's session

Leslie Hawthorn lh at google.com
Wed Nov 14 15:42:55 PST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 2:22 PM, Paul Reiber <reiber at gmail.com> wrote

> >  What I do need to do, though,  each week is have you folks provide
> presentation
> > information to the taping staff so they can get the post production done
> faster.
>
> Just let me know the details - what you mean by "presentation
> information" - and I'll
> ensure that's handled.

They want to know things like the presentation title, name of the speaker
and a brief abstract of the talk.  It's pretty light weight.  They'd also
like a copy of the slides if there are any.

> > Who would take the lead on having this information so we have one point
> of
> > contact?
>
> I'll handle it for now - maybe someday there'll be a "kernel walk-thru
> liaison"
> volunteer role within SVLUG... who knows.

Cool, I'll send the requests to you.

> [...]
> > Paul, we love you guys.  Really.  But there's only so much more we can
> do to
> > optimize for you folks, so please bear that in mind when asking for
> stuff.
> > Every time we get a tech in to tape, or ask for extension cords or all
> that
> > goodness it means our team has to handle it and resources for us can be
> > little tight.  (In other words, there are three of us working on all
> open
> > source events for the whole of Google, so yay to Warren for volunteering
> > and, um, please be gentle with us.  There's only so much bandwidth we
> have.)
>
> I'm happier than a pig in mud (...that I had a chance to actually say
> that!) regarding
> everything you guys are doing for SVLUG.  If __ANYTHING__ ends up being a
> hassle for you guys, let me know and I'll do my best to tweak things
> so it's not.

We're cool.  Warren, being a super awesome chap, stepped up to help us out.
Thanks for understanding.  :)