[volunteers] some requests for next week's session

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:22:59 PST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 1:15 PM, Leslie Hawthorn <lh at google.com> wrote:
[...]
> If we get different tables, we have to pay to rent them.  Can you folks make
> do with what is available?  I'd rather preserve our budget for other efforts
> like Summer of Code.

Wow I'm sorry I guess I wasn't clear - not asking for any changes there - just
saying it was great that there were some tables there, rather than just chairs.

> We can ask for power strips to be delivered to the room.  Tiffany, if you do
> this then you will be an official receipient of my eternal gratitude(tm).

That'd be awesome.  We can either pile the stuff somewhere from week to week
or let your guys handle it - let me know.

[...]
> So, I have to approve each video before it gets posted, but as soon as it
> goes live I can send the link out to you.

Awesome.  That's all I needed to know.

>  What I do need to do, though,  each week is have you folks provide presentation
> information to the taping staff so they can get the post production done faster.

Just let me know the details - what you mean by "presentation
information" - and I'll
ensure that's handled.

> Who would take the lead on having this information so we have one point of
> contact?

I'll handle it for now - maybe someday there'll be a "kernel walk-thru liaison"
volunteer role within SVLUG... who knows.

[...]
> Paul, we love you guys.  Really.  But there's only so much more we can do to
> optimize for you folks, so please bear that in mind when asking for stuff.
> Every time we get a tech in to tape, or ask for extension cords or all that
> goodness it means our team has to handle it and resources for us can be a
> little tight.  (In other words, there are three of us working on all open
> source events for the whole of Google, so yay to Warren for volunteering
> and, um, please be gentle with us.  There's only so much bandwidth we have.)

I'm happier than a pig in mud (...that I had a chance to actually say
that!) regarding
everything you guys are doing for SVLUG.  If __ANYTHING__ ends up being a
hassle for you guys, let me know and I'll do my best to tweak things
so it's not.

Best,
-Paul