[volunteers] More on the SVLUG Domain

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 23 02:05:23 PDT 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

[You intend to use president at svlug.org as a domain contact:]

> The idea there was that, after that, they might be more OK with our using that
> email address on our contact info for svlug.org (admin contact, probably?)
>
> Goal: have any/all emails regarding this go to president at svlug.org and not
> paul at reiber.org or any other similar "really me" email addresses.  This will
> server SVLUG better in the long run.  I think.

Once again, in my professional judgement, I think that's a mistake, but
you already know my reason why, and obviously want to do it anyway.
(Same reason why having all domain contact mail go through a single SMTP
host was bad.)

> > Paul + Mark:  There's something you should ask from Heather:  The
> > Registrant login's password for domain svlug.net .  The joker.com
> > account that "owns" (is Registrant for) svlug.net is
> > "svlugdomain+host at starshine.org", and Heather's never given the SVLUG
> > president that account's password.  (There are various differences in
> > the setup of those two domains, probably accidental.)
>
> Heather - can you give me a call about this?  Let's resolve it...

This does _not_ appear to have been fixed.

> [...]
>
> > You haven't said what you want to use for yourself as Administrative
> > Contact.
>
> That's 'cause I wanted to wait till I saw if Joker would accept
> president at svlug.org ...which it did... so all is good & we're ready to
> make any/all changes needed.
>
> ...right? :-)

Looks like you had everything.  But I might have not understood who was
to implement domain changes:

> > If you'd prefer for me to take care of this matter, just let me know --
> > but then I'll need whatever information (address, telephone, e-mail)
> > you want to use for Administrative Contact.
>
> The info's already on these contacts:
> CNET-666751   	 SVLUG President, SVLUG, president at svlug.org
> CORG-196818 	SVLUG President, SVLUG, president at svlug.org
>
> ...if anything looks awry please let me know.
> ...and THANKS for your help, Rick!

Everything in your summary looked OK except as noted -- but I noticed
nobody _made_ any changes.  Whom do you want to take care of it?