[volunteers] Migration plan has apparently been changed

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Oct 22 17:50:12 PDT 2007

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> please email me privately in the future if you have questions about
> our strategy.

Actually, I did better than that:  I consulted you in person.  Saturday
afternoon, remember?

Having done that, and as a result heard for the first time that there's
now a new plan, I was hoping you could, at your convenience, share it
with the rest of us.

> I'll be happy to clear up anything that's in question.

Looking forward to seeing you post details, then.

> I have high hopes for the intermediate term /future but I'm not
> prepared to say "we're doing things this way" vs. That way right now.

So, are you deferring letting us know what our plan is until we -have- a
plan, and (for the time being) just saying we're cancelling the old one?
Or is there a new one, but it's hush-hush?  I'm confused.

(By the way, has our server migration plan actually become _private_?
Why?  It never was confidential data previously.)

It's entirely up to you, of course.  I just figured you'd want to
fill in the rest of us.  Or maybe not, dunno.  If for some reason it's
become a private matter, maybe you should say so, and also make clearer
who's entitled to know.  Or whatever.