[volunteers] Fwd: SVLUG Conferencing/Distance Learning

Hereon hereon1 at fastmail.us
Fri Feb 2 15:05:28 PST 2007

--
  Hereon
  hereon1 at fastmail.us

----- Original message -----
From: "mark weisler" <mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:37:15 -0800
Subject: SVLUG Conferencing/Distance Learning

As I recall from distance learning, you get into various combinations of
time
and place of presenter and audience...

I think what may be on Hereon's mind, and would desirable eventually, is
allow remote participants to ask questions of the presenter _during_ the
presentation and have the entire process broadcast and recorded. (In
distance
learning this also can take the form of sharing control of the
presenting
computer, mouse, cursor, etc.)

This is a "same time different place" situation. Rick has mentioned the
highly
useful (and most often used) technique of "different time, different
place".
That is the viewer is watching at a different time of their choosing
from a
different place than the lecture hall or the Veritas cafe.

This is a big undertaking and we might get there eventually but starting
simply is wise and we/you have been honing in on a reasonable starting
approach.

Great.

--
Mark Weisler