[volunteers] Fwd: Re: DRAFT- Permission & tech for recording Feb SVLUG speaker

Hereon hereon1 at fastmail.us
Fri Feb 2 14:57:36 PST 2007

--
  Hereon
  hereon1 at fastmail.us

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely different

----- Original message -----
From: "Paul Reiber" <reiber at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 06:53:00 -0800
Subject: Re: DRAFT- Permission & tech for recording Feb SVLUG speaker

I'm more than OK with this - I think it's a great idea.

Hereon - I recommend you quit worrying about spit-shining/finishing
the email, and share what you've got with the volunteers list.

Yes, it might make sense to use youtube or similar.  No, it wouldn't
kill our server or probably even bother our sponsor - Joe mentioned
that we could do an "ISO farm" if we wished, and that'd probably end
up eating a similar amount of bandwidth.

I'm interested in what format we'll store in on the server, and what
playback apps are available for Linux - we should give people guidance
along those lines on our website if we're going to go "multimedia".

-Paul