[volunteers] Brie is back online

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 15:27:22 PST 2007

Woo Hoo!  Brie's back up - installed and running in the colo.  While I
was over there, I took a few moments to snap some pictures of our rack
space.  Someday when we have a wiki I'll resize 'em and use them to
"multimedia enhance" whatever pages we create to describe what we've
got there.

Rick - I pulled the failed drive as you asked.  I'm pretty darn sure
it's beyond hope, but you're certainly welcome to see what you can do
with it.  I'm not sure if I'll make CABAL this weekend or not.  Might
be in Napa.  If I'm around I'll get the drive to you then.  Worst
case, at the Feb. main meeting.

So... Brie's currently got md13 mounted as /media/jbod
md13 is a stripe across md9 md10 md11 and md12.

md12 only has one drive at the moment, so we're not in the best of
shape with the current setup.  Let's make sure if anything important
goes onto /media/jbod we're
also backing up to somewhere, at least until we can replace that drive.

Brie's IP address is still 157.22.20.227

In the short run, brie has two roles:  (1) take over running all email
and mailman services from current svlug.org server, and  (2) run a
moinmoin to replace current website.

We're also trying to get our linode VM - gruyere - to run moinmoin.
I've been told that moins can sync with each other, so we'll use
gruyere as a backup for the moin.   Its memory limitations make me
hesitant to try to do much more than that with it.

Since this is a LUG and not a business, instead of laying out some
"todo lists" or other types of directives for how to proceed, I'll ask
- who would like to do what to help this all move forward?  I'd love
to see brie pressed into service someday soon.

Thank you all for your ongoing support,
-Paul Reiber
President, SVLUG