[Volunteers] [fwd] RE: [Speakers] potential speaker suggestions]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu May 11 23:26:24 PDT 2006

Whoops!  I had this in my email from long ago.  Passing it along to the
SVLUG volunteers ('speakers' address), since I'm no longer speaker coord'er.

Thx!

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Aniruddha Mulay <ani_mulay at yahoo.com> -----

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:07:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Aniruddha Mulay <ani_mulay at yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [Volunteers] [Speakers] potential speaker suggestions
To: Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net>

Bill,

Now, that you have initiated the process for booking speaker(s) for the
rest of Y2006, I would like to suggest a speaker (rather two). Hope that
is acceptable ...

Last month, Van Jacobson ( van at packetdesign com ) gave a presentation
at linux.conf.au 2006 on what he termed _Network Channels_ and according
to David Miller, the Linux neworking subsystem maintainer, it was probably
the most intellectually rewarding presentation at LCA2006. You can read
more about it here:

1. Van Jacobson's Net Channels...
   http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/cgi-bin/blog.cgi/2006/01/27#vj_channels

2. Van Jacobson's network channels
   http://lwn.net/Articles/169961/

Now, David Miller is a bay area resident and he would be a great speaker
too.

Niagara runs Ubuntu...
http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/cgi-bin/blog.cgi

IMO, if you can get either or both of them :), that would be great
presentation(s).

Bye for now,

(Ani)ruddha Mulay