[Volunteers] auth-info for transfer

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Fri Mar 3 20:34:47 PST 2006


On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 08:14:44PM -0800, J. Paul Reed wrote:
> I haven't made a request, so you should probably deny it (if you can).
> 
> Can we do this:
> 
> 1. Relock the domain, so that it can't be transferred.
> 2. Set the primary DNS servers to:
> 
>    a. (primary) dee-enn-ess.sigkill.com @ 64.62.163.100
>    b. (secondary) ns1.nylug.org @ 69.31.90.145
>    c. (tertiary)  ns.primate.net @ 198.144.194.12
> 
> 3. We'll then coordinate transferring registrars and actual ownership after
> the DNS switchover has taken place.
> 
> Does this work? It moves DNS off of your servers, while allowing us to
> decide which registrar we want to transfer to.
> 
> Let us know. Thanks!

OK, I also take the possible attempted theft of the domain seriously.
I have re-locked them as requested.

#1 and #2 are done.  Your nameservers are active.

I think the attempt couldn't go anywhere as long as they didn't have
that code.  But I concur that re-locking the domains will deter any theft.

Coincidentally, another pending domain transfer was initiated by a friend
this evening.  I was holding that domain until he was ready to take it.
(I'll continue maintaining his web site and mail list for a while.)

So I'll soon have very current numbers on the length of time an
inter-registrar transfer going from DomainDiscover to GoDaddy.




More information about the volunteers mailing list