[Volunteers] auth-info for transfer

J. Paul Reed preed at svlug.org
Fri Mar 3 20:14:44 PST 2006

On 03 Mar 2006 at 18:11:08, Ian Kluft arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> Someone has requested a transfer of svlug.org.  So it's showing me the
> transfer auth-info code for it now.  [code removed]
>
> If you didn't request it, then someone's trying to steal the domain
> while it's unlocked.
>
> No request has been made for svlug.net yet.  It won't generate a per-domain
> auth-info code for me until then.

I haven't made a request, so you should probably deny it (if you can).

Can we do this:

1. Relock the domain, so that it can't be transferred.
2. Set the primary DNS servers to:

   a. (primary) dee-enn-ess.sigkill.com @ 64.62.163.100
   b. (secondary) ns1.nylug.org @ 69.31.90.145
   c. (tertiary)  ns.primate.net @ 198.144.194.12

3. We'll then coordinate transferring registrars and actual ownership after
the DNS switchover has taken place.

Does this work? It moves DNS off of your servers, while allowing us to
decide which registrar we want to transfer to.

Let us know. Thanks!

Later,
Paul
--