[Volunteers] SVLUG zone file

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 3 13:59:08 PST 2006

Quoting Ian Kluft (ikluft at thunder.sbay.org):

> The domains were unlocked yesterday.  Please transfer them today.
> [snip stuff about his deciding to cut off all SVLUG nameservice a/o
> midnight tonight]

Don, Marc, Paul:  Do you have password access to the domain records for
svlug.org and svlug.net at DomainDiscover?  I certainly do not.

To my knowledge, "unlocked" refers to removal of the REGISTRAR-LOCK
flag, which when present in a domain record inhibits changes within
the domain record (all the whois data) as well as domain transfers to
new registrars.  To my knowledge, only the current Registrant (domain
owner) -- which in this case remains Ian in his individual capacity --
can initiate naming of a replacement Registrant, and only people with
the administrative password to the registrar's domain record can edit
the domain NS records in the registry.

If you have password access to the svlug.org and svlug.net domain
records, please update them to something useful, within the next few
hours.  We'll have to coordinate with secondaries about where to pull
from, since it can't be the svlug.org host, yet, because of the upgrade
obstacles.

Call me at 650-283-7902, if I can help or give advice.   Otherwise, I'm
locked out of this problem and just a bystander.

Thanks.