[Volunteers] SVLUG zone file

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Fri Mar 3 13:16:27 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 06:22:18PM -0800, Ian Kluft wrote:
>See attached.  The domains are unlocked.

The domains were unlocked yesterday.  Please transfer them today.
This only takes a few hours nowadays.  I saw a rocketry club move a
project's domain registration and DNS/web servers between old and new
webmasters inside of a couple hours last week.

The DNS services for svlug.org and svlug.net on the Thunder.Net server will
end at midnight tonight.  I believe that's enough time that no one should
have to panic.  If additional time is needed, polite requests are required.

Additional information regarding why I'm implementing this timeline can be
ascertained from the mail list archives:

 [svlug] Thunder.Net self-designated as a "major sponsor" (without permission)
 http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2006-March/052430.html

 [svlug] Thunder.Net major sponsor listing
 http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2006-March/052444.html

See the archives for more messages from that thread.