[Volunteers] [SBAY Org] Changing DNS for SVLUG

J. Paul Reed preed at svlug.org
Wed Feb 22 21:58:22 PST 2006

On 22 Feb 2006 at 15:33:05, Ian Kluft arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 09:05:22PM -0800, J. Paul Reed wrote:
> > Immaterial of this whole other pending issue, I'd like to make svlug.org's
> > own server authoritative, primary DNS for svlug.org, so SVLUG volunteers
> > can easily make updates in the future.
>
> Sorry, nothing is immaterial of another "pending issue" when it ruins
> working relationships in a volunteer organization.  Changing the primary
> DNS will wait until your mess is cleaned up.

Ian:

I want to make sure I'm correctly understanding you here, so I'm
confirming:

* Name service used to be run by a long-time SVLUG volunteer, who has
  long since ceased to do so.

* DNS has not been actively administrated since 2004.

* You solicited secondary DNS services for SVLUG without notifying any
  SVLUG officers/volunteers.

* You are adding a secondary DNS server for SVLUG, operated by an SBAY Board
  Member, when a) no such service was requested by any SVLUG
  officer/volunteer and b) without authorization from any SVLUG officer
  or volunteer.

* You, as SBAY President, are refusing my request as SVLUG President to move
  the primary nameserver from NIMBUS.THUNDER.NET to SVLUG's own server at
  svlug.org/216.218.255.178 for the svlug.org domain (and only that domain),
  so SVLUG's volunteers can fix the outstanding DNS issues they discovered.

Please confirm that I'm correctly understanding your statements to indicate
your refusal to comply with my request.

Later,
Paul
--