[Volunteers] Proposed vote logistics

Chris Verges (chverges) chverges at cisco.com
Tue Feb 21 22:07:53 PST 2006

Hey Paul,

Good ideas, but I'm wondering just how much we need to worry about this.
Do you really think that people will vote differently if it is public
versus private?

However, that being said, now we get into the issue of how do we create
a unique paper ballot?  :-)  Ideally, it will be done by three
individuals who are not related to this issue and will not be voting.
Those three will then collect the ballots at the meeting and tally them,
checking for duplicates.  No one should see this ballot prior to the
meeting -- i.e. it should be a surprise to everyone other than those
three who created it.

So who will do it?  It definitely needs to be someone who is not related
to SBAY or an officer or volunteer (past or present) of SVLUG, and who
has not posted on the issue nor who has been used as a sounding board by
either side.

Thanks,

Chris Verges
chverges at cisco.com