[Volunteers] XML11

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Dec 27 13:30:12 PST 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 08:25:42PM -0800, Arno Puder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my name is Arno Puder and I am an Assistant Professor in the Computer
> Science Department at San Francisco State University. I'm doing work in
> middleware and I'm one the founders of the Open Source CORBA
> implementation called MICO (www.mico.org). Recently I have been
> tinkering with another project whose goal is to make development of AJAX
> applications easy (see www.xml11.org). If you think this might be of
> interest to the SVLUG members, I want to offer to give a presentation on
> XML11. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Hi Arno, thanks for contacting us.  At the moment, there are about a
half dozen other people in the queue to speak at SVLUG, so depending on
when they end up scheduling, it might not be until fall 2006 that we can
fit you in.

I'll contact you again in the coming weeks to let you know what dates are
booked and which are still available.

In the meantime, I suggest you check out some of the other LUGs and UGs in
the area.  (I happen to be speaker coordinator for LUGOD, up in Davis :^) )

sbay.org's Speaker Bureau is a great place to find groups looking for
potential presenters:

  http://speakers.sbay.org/

Thanks and happy new year!

-bill!