[Volunteers] SVLUG meeting location

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Thu Dec 8 03:31:12 PST 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 01:47:59AM -0800, J. Paul Reed wrote:
> So... are we happy with the facilities? Would anyone like to try to find a
> new location?

My opinion... Yes.  We were lucky to find a site like this.

> Is there anything we should bring up with them?

They solved the SSH networking issue a couple months ago.  So I don't have
anything.  From my recollection of 7 years that SVLUG met at Cisco, there
are occasional small requests that may come up in both directions.

> If we'd like to stay, are there any ideas for *actually* thanking Symantec?

Even before we have a plan how to thank them as a group, don't forget that
each of us can thank them in person too.  I didn't get a chance this time
(since it was  non-stop stuff going on) but I have thanked the staff there
a few times already.  I used to do that role when SVLUG met at Cisco so
I know it takes some work, sometimes more than others.  Make sure they
know we're appreciative.