[Volunteers] split list proposal?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Dec 6 15:31:06 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 03:26:08PM -0800, Andrew Chant wrote:
> It might help people subscribe to svlug who are less interested in
> people's specific problems and more interested in linux in general.

FWIW, this is what LUGOD does.  ('vox' for general discussion,
'vox-tech' for questions and answers.  Many people are on both lists.
Some care less about Linux- or LUGOD-related topics, and only want to
get help, or give help.  Others are less interested in technical stuff.)

Additionally, we have some other fairly low-traffic lists:

  vox-announce  (like svlug-announce)
  vox-jobs      (like svlug-jobs)
  vox-outreach  (for planning/discussing LUGOD events & outreach w/ other orgs)
  vox-if        (for planning/discussing LUGOD installfests)
  vox-officers  (like SVLUG's 'volunteers' list)

I'm not saying whether Andrew's idea is something SVLUG members will want
to do, or something SVLUG should do.  Just that it's done elsewhere...
and using LUGOD as an example. :)

-bill!