[Volunteers] posting video of svlug meetings online

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 6 14:14:29 PST 2005

Quoting Chris Verges (chverges at cisco.com):

> We looked into doing this about 3 to 6 months ago, if I remember
> correctly, and decided that the technical and political hurdles were
> just too much to worry about at the time.  For instance, we would need:

It didn't sound all that practical to me, either, but far be it from me
to discourage Fred, if he (say) has storage and bandwidth he'd like to
offer, and would shoulder the other issues.  (Or, he might prefer to do
an end-run around the Web space / bandwidth issues by using physical DV
media, instead.)

In any event, it would be good to post a summary of the obstacles onto
http://www.svlug.org/mbone.shtml , since this is likely to come up
again.  Would you be willing to write something?