[Volunteers] Possible SVLUG meeting topic

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Nov 14 00:44:17 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 09:55:17PM -0800, Bob Smith wrote:
> Hi
>    A group of us are writing a book telling how
> to build a Linux appliance.  We would be happy
> to give a presentation to SVLUG to describe our
> work and to give the audience access to the source
> for a complete sample appliance.

Hi Bob, et al, this is Bill Kendrick.  I'm speaker coordinator for SVLUG.
Thanks so much for the offer.  Everyone who's seen it sounds quite
interested in the topic (and the book). :^)

At the moment, a number of our upcoming meetings are booked,
and I've got about a half dozen other speakers lined up to schedule before
you folks, but I'll hopefully be getting back to you in the coming weeks to
try and pin down a meeting date in 2006 where you can come speak.

In the meantime, I encourage you to talk to the other numerous LUGs in the
area, including (but not limited to):

  East Bay LUG, Fremont ( www.eblug.org )
  Peninsula LUG, Redwood Shores ( www.penlug.org )
  Stanford Univ LUG, Palo Alto ( sulug.stanford.edu )
  Bay Area LUG, San Fran. ( www.balug.org )
  SF-LUG, San Fran. ( www.sf-lug.org )

A little further out, there's also:

  North Bay LUG, Sebastopol ( www.nblug.org )
  LUG of Davis, Davis ( www.lugod.org )
  Sacramento LUG, Sac. ( www.saclug.org )

I can put you in touch with almost any of those groups.
(I also happen to be co-founder and speaker coord for LUGOD in Davis ;^) )

SBAY's Speakers Bureau is a great place to look, too:

  http://speakers.sbay.org/

Thanks in advance, and talk to you again soon!

-bill!
Speaker Coordinator
Silicon Valley Linux Users Group
http://www.svlug.org/