[Volunteers] Sched'ing speakers

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Nov 14 00:36:33 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 12:31:51AM -0800, William Ward gmail wrote:
> What?  I thought we were booked months in advance???

We were... but that was months ago.

I could have had all of 2006 scheduled, but I didn't want to go overboard. ;^)
I also wanted feedback from Paul, et. al., on the topics.  (I brought
a printout for Paul to one of the Hack-Soc events recently.)

The current status is:

  Dec 7 - (no speaker; been leaving it open for whatever Paul was planning)
  Jan 4 - Henry Jen: "JXTA"
  Feb 1 - (someone from Barbedwire Tech): "Linux Network Security"
  Mar 1 - (no speaker so far)
  Apr 5 - Kevin Jameson, Codefast Inc., "Automating Software Builds"

Along with that, I have about a half dozen other people lined up to speak,
but not scheduled for any particular date yet.  I'll be contacting them as
soon as I get the word back from Paul about December.  I'll do it in the order
we contacted them / they first contacted us.

Topics include:  Amanda backup, Linux in arcade games, PXE booting,
VMWare, SageTV, and E-Commerce Website security.  (Oh, and that other one
brought up on this list recently...)

-bill!