[Volunteers] Hosting sponsor for Installfest at Google this weekend???

Peter ptor at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 14 00:10:52 PDT 2005

Hey everyone,

I've spoken to Jason Collins, a Google employee and my ex-coworker,
explaining the problem that Mark Nielsen's departure gives SVLUG.

I asked Jason if he'd be interested in taking over Mark's liaison role,
and Jason gave a tentative agreement on the phone at 5pm today.

I'm emailing him tonight to see if we can at least get a commitment
to cover this Saturday, and to see if he'll agree to be our Google
connection on an on-going basis.

Probably if we could get another Google employee as a backup
host, we could avoid the problem of suddenly losing our location.
Or our hosts could cover for each other's absences.

Regards,
Peter