[Volunteers] Interest in VMware presentation?

J. Paul Reed preed at svlug.org
Tue Oct 4 12:31:11 PDT 2005

On 02 Oct 2005 at 23:46:59, Bill Ward arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> On 10/2/05, J. Paul Reed <preed at svlug.org> wrote:
> >
> > Also, I believe Xen wanted to present, and they asked us first. If VMware
> > wants to present, that's fine, but Xen gets first crack at the meeting
> > schedule, and then it'll be 3-4 months before I want another
> > virtualization-focused presentation.
>
> Didn't you say vmware offers other products besides virtualization? Perhaps
> a preso focused on those lesser-known offerings would be suitable?

Yeah... I'm sure we could get a good presentation on what they call
"virtual infrastructure," which is the enterprise virtualization + virtual
center.

It's got some cool features that Xen, et al. don't have, or have really
crappy implementations of.

Having said that, I agree with Ian: we need to focus on open source stuff,
and make sure we're getting solid, non-marketing presentations.

(And no Ian, I don't take it personally. :-)

Speaking of presentation(s|schedules) I need to respond to Bill Kendrick's
question about whether or not we want to do a "members" night so he can
juggle the speaker schedule.

If so, I'm thinking December would be good.

Later,
Paul
--
President