[Volunteers] Interest in VMware presentation?

Brian Chrisman incubus at izap.com
Fri Sep 30 06:19:59 PDT 2005

Margaret Wendall wrote:

> Hello, all,
>
> It seems to me that we've already had a speaker from VMware - a long
> time ago. I would personally like to hear about changes to the
> software and  I suspect many of our members would join me in this, so
> I'd vote "yes" to having them speak.

Heh, I'd put VMWare near the top of the 'proprietary software vendor
speaker list', but it's still on the second list.. The last time they
sent someone to speak, he responded to just about every technical
question with 'that is internal, proprietary information that I can't
divuldge'.  It was pretty annoying... kind of like listening to a sales
pitch.  Then, they gave out a few free software licenses for VMWare....
to the linux users group... the irony was quite rich, but completely
lost on the speaker, I'm sure.
I wouldn't expect anything else from yet another speaker from VMWare.
Maybe if someone from their engineering department wants to talk about
the OSS tools they use in developing their proprietary software?

Just my $0.02,
Brian