[Volunteers] [svlug] slides posted from Slauth presentation

Chris Verges chverges at cisco.com
Tue Sep 20 14:10:49 PDT 2005

J. Paul Reed wrote:

>Did he do kismet last month (I'm really bummed I'm missed that one)?

Yeah, I did Kismet last month.  I didn't plan on having one for October,
but I have a few more presentations ready to go if you really need one.  ;-)

>>As a backup topic, I had already suggested I'd do "Playing videos on Linux".  Chris said he thinks that's likely to be of general interest.
>>

>That's a really good one.

Yeah, I think that would be a useful presentation.  Lots of people have
issues setting up mplayer and xine, so showing them how to use them both
manually to play all sorts of formats (wmf, divx, au, dvd, etc.) as well
as integrated into a web browser (mozilla?) would be great!

Current news on me leaving is up in the air.  One of the program
managers out in RTP who is directing the volunteer effort called me
earlier this morning with the potential for a departure tomorrow, but
since I haven't heard back as of this e-mail, that may be postponed a
little.  If something does happen, I'll try to get the access point to
Paul before I go.  (By the way, Paul, I think Symantec blocked a
helluvalot of services ... clients couldn't even SSH to their home
computers last time.  It's not the access point, so can we have our
Symantec/Veritas hosts check on this?)

Thanks,

Chris Verges
chverges at cisco.com