[Volunteers] Subject: Link exchange request

Margaret Wendall mwendall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 15:11:44 PDT 2005

Hello, All!

If SBC/Yahoo had sent this exact message by FAX, it would've been a junk
FAX, and we'd be entitled to some recompense under state law for having
received it.

SBC/Yahoo, if you haven't been watching television lately, is on a campaign
to get more subscribers by listing their "basic' DSL service for $14.99 per
month for one year. In other words, this smells like an ad, it's carefully
worded like an ad, and the timing is during an ad campaign, and it's sent by
a ad agency.

Even though the offers are probably OK, I hope we don't start spreading this
type of ad. It will backfire in the end and we could get blacklisted.

Margaret

Message: 2Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:37:21 -0400

Margaret Wendall
mwendall-at-gmail.com <http://mwendall-at-gmail.com>
http://www.cleopanther.org