[Volunteers] list violation: "ShmooCon 2006" announcement

Ian Kluft ikluft at thunder.sbay.org
Sun Sep 11 11:29:37 PDT 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 08:14:46AM -0700, Chris Verges wrote:
> Ian Kluft wrote:
> >I think an example needs to be made of this spam.
> >
> Agreed.  I have the baseball-bat in hand ... just trace down his IP
> address and we'll go break a few kneecaps.

The domain registrations for his e-mail address (nosneros.net) and the
server where the e-mail trail originates (tuplemovers.net) are registered
to the same snail-mail addresses in Montreal, Quebec.

But Googling shows he has also sent e-mails from tellme.com, which I
recognize because three friends of mine (who are all in SVLUG and
Stratofox) used to work there.  BTW, all three were fired within a few
weeks of each other last year for resisting use of Microsoft software.
(All found new jobs.)  Tellme is at 1310 Villa St at Shoreline in Mtn View.

This still gets worse...  Checking the IP addresses themselves, the
originating mail server and his personal domain's web site resolve to an
IP address range assigned to the Canopy Group in Lindon UT, whom you may
recognize as the funding source behind SCO's anti-Linux lawsuit campaign.

Yeah, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of breaking kneecaps.  Well,
figuratively anyway.  This stuff doesn't help his case at all.