[Volunteers] Volunteers Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2

Margaret Wendall mwendall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:37:53 PDT 2005

Hi -

I went through a flood when I was a kid living in Cupertino. Our house was
next to Calabazas creek and during a heavy rain a tree fell and blocked the
creek, and we got wiped out. My family was fortunate that there were friends
who put us up in a small, old house, where I slept in a closet for about six
months.

There were nothing like computers then, but the things I remember were that
Dad lost his car and couldn't go to work, Mom lost her stove and fridge, we
had no furniture, and few clothes. We had canned fruit and vegetables, but
no other edible food iafter the flood, and no decent running water.

I don't have a lot of free money, but I've been thinking about taking some
of the free shirts I got at Linux World and our picnic to maybe the
Salvation Army. If there's an ARRL group doing this, I'll give the shirts to
that group. I even have some diabetic test strips I could send if they're
needed and I'll contribute toward water or fruit juice. I just don't know
where to send the stuff to make sure it gets to the Gulf Coast.

Margaret Wendall
mwendall-at-gmail.com <http://mwendall-at-gmail.com>
http://www.cleopanther.org