[Volunteers] call for ideas

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 11:41:44 PDT 2005

Regarding the disaster in New Orleans

A few deposed friends of mine are surrounded by over 300,000
other homeless people in Baton Rouge right now.

I've asked them to travel west, with a promise of shelter, food, and
an internet feed to find work via craigslist.com

BEYOND that... I'd like to make this call for ideas - what can you
think of doing to help out?  Is there anything that SVLUG can do,
help coordinate, etc.?

We have some resources (servers, bandwidth, mailinglists, concerned
individuals, time, skills)   We have some "sponsor" companies who might
jump on a bandwagon if there WAS one.  And most importantly, we have
good intentions.

I welcome your ideas, comments, etc. Please help me help, if you can.
-pbr