[Volunteers] (forw) Re: [svlug] Hacking Society Meeting Minutes

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 17 19:12:33 PDT 2005

Quoting Heather Stern (star at starshine.org):

[Dana Street Roasting Company:]

> In fact the volunteers group we have so far might fill most of the
> place.

Note that the venue need discussed was for Hacking Society.

> Santana Row (just south of  Stevens Creek along Winchester, the mall
> complex across from Flames and the 3 "dome" theatres Century 21-23)
> has wireless active in its open spaces, and we actually held a BayLISA
> board meeting there a couple of times.

Hey, I had forgotten about that.  Yes, this is a _really_ good option.
If you haven't been there, you might not believe that, but do drop by
some evening.  (Probably no AC, though.)

> We would be a *lot* happier at Coffee Society across from De Anza
> college.

Nice place, indeed.  Didn't know they had free wireless.  (Good to hear.)