[Volunteers] [svlug-announce] SVLUG Hacking Society details for TONIGHT

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 16 13:01:24 PDT 2005

Quoting J. Paul Reed (preed at svlug.org):

> First of all, sorry for all the confusion surrounding the date; the website
> looks updated (Thanks Rick!), so everything is now correct.

Yr. welcome!

By the way, kudos to whoever updated svlug-news.txt to reflect the
change from 3rd Wednesday to 3rd Tuesday.  (I figure that was probably
Paul.)  Just one additional step required.  As it says in the header
notes in that file:

# 4) After updating this file, to update the web pages which use this, run
#    /home/httpd/bin/mk_live_links svlug_news

There was originally some cronjob that did the rollout automatically
every 20 minutes, but it's not present at the moment (or not working).

I'm just about to add mention of http://www.svlug.org/events/hacksoc.shtml
to the list of periodic maintenance tasks on
http://www.svlug.org/teams/web-team.shtml , the Web Team Instructions
page.  (From http://www.svlug.org/ 's left-side navbar, pick Projects.
Then, under "Volunteer/Team Instructions", you'll see "SVLUG Web Team".
That's where we have all details of how to maintain/extend the Web site.