[Volunteers] [2e764@mikesoffice.org: Re: [Lug-nuts] Meetings, Other Lugs]

Chris Verges chverges at cisco.com
Wed Aug 3 13:59:46 PDT 2005

William R Ward wrote:

>Well, Chris talked about bringing equipment to meetings for multicast, so if he wants to "own" this then I say let him.  If he doesn't, and nobody else does, then I'm OK with just dropping it.

I don't mind being the mule to transport equipment, but there are lots
of logistics that need to be worked out for this to happen.  For
instance, which server will act as the video stream archive/multicast
server?  svlug.org?  Do we need another box, like videos.svlug.org w/
more bandwidth and/or a better processor?  Also, what type of format do
we record in?  DivX?  MPEG?  AVI?  WMV?  ;-)

Another good one is simply, "Who will operate the camera gear during the
meetings?"  The server is designed so that you just plug in a camera via
one if the many available interfaces, so that's not an issue, but
someone still has to hit the "Record" button on the camera.  :-)  Ah,
low tech.

Like I said, let's chat about this before/after the meeting tonight.  I
think we can get a lot of stuff out in the open in person and at least
figure out whether this is feasible or even desired by SVLUG members.

Thanks,

Chris Verges
chverges at cisco.com
408 525-0401