[Volunteers] [2e764@mikesoffice.org: Re: [Lug-nuts] Meetings, Other Lugs]

William R Ward bill at svlug.org
Wed Aug 3 13:54:36 PDT 2005

J. Paul Reed writes:
>And we should communicate the no-recording thing to attendees (I honestly
>never thought someone would be so rude), but... then I'd have to say it at
>every meeting and make a huge deal out of it. And I wasn't prepared to do
>that when I saw it.

How about this: we talked about preparing a checklist for the speaker.
How about we add to that list a question, "Do you object to being
recoreded?" with options for audio, video, or neither.  We can take
action on a month by month basis according to their answer.

I'm willing to bet that 99% of speakers will not object.

>> I agree.  However if someone who isn't working on that wants to take the
>> initiative, I see no reason to prevent them doing so.
>
>Mostly agreed, however right now, the whole thing seems to be mostly a
>distraction with no clear owner or direction.

Well, Chris talked about bringing equipment to meetings for multicast,
so if he wants to "own" this then I say let him.  If he doesn't, and
nobody else does, then I'm OK with just dropping it.

--
William R. Ward - Vice President, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group
bill at svlug.org - http://www.svlug.org - (650) 279-9904