[Volunteers] [2e764@mikesoffice.org: Re: [Lug-nuts] Meetings, Other Lugs]

William R Ward bill at svlug.org
Tue Aug 2 10:54:28 PDT 2005

J. Paul Reed writes:
>I'm anti-video, but pro-audio (and truth be told, I've seen people
>recording meetings, SANS PERMISSION [which pisses me off to no end]
>before, anyway).

Why anti-video?  And why not let people record meetings?  As long as
the meeting is open to the public, there should be no expectation of
privacy.  If you want to ban recording you should communicate that to
people attending.

>Having said that, we've got a number of initiatives in flight that I'd
>rather see energy/effort expended upon. For instance, the website redesign
>is much more important that whether or not we [broad|multi|uni|pod]cast
>anything from a meeting, IMO.

I agree.  However if someone who isn't working on that wants to take
the initiative, I see no reason to prevent them doing so.

--Bill.

--
William R. Ward - Vice President, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group
bill at svlug.org - http://www.svlug.org - (650) 279-9904