[Volunteers] [2e764@mikesoffice.org: Re: [Lug-nuts] Meetings, Other Lugs]

J. Paul Reed preed at svlug.org
Mon Aug 1 17:34:54 PDT 2005

On 31 Jul 2005 at 23:26:36, William R Ward arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> I don't think this meeting can be done for reasons previously stated.
> But I do think we should at least videotape the meetings in future,
> providing that we have the speaker's permission.  If we record it using a
> digital camcorder the video stream can be uploaded to a Web server to be
> streamed after the fact.  I don't see why it should need to be a live
> multicast.

I'm anti-video, but pro-audio (and truth be told, I've seen people
recording meetings, SANS PERMISSION [which pisses me off to no end]
before, anyway).

Having said that, we've got a number of initiatives in flight that I'd
rather see energy/effort expended upon. For instance, the website redesign
is much more important that whether or not we [broad|multi|uni|pod]cast
anything from a meeting, IMO.

Later,
Paul
--